Here is your reading assignment for today:
Environment & Health:
- Humans Have Been Responsible for Greenhouse Gases Since the Roman Empire
- Russia Bans Monsanto’s GMO Corn
- Yvon Chouinard & Vincent Stanley at Yale
- Teetering on the Edge
- 10 green retro activities making a comeback
- Russia’s small-scale organic agriculture model may hold the key to feeding the world
- Hotter than Paul Ryan
- Monsanto Roundup weedkiller and GM maize implicated in ‘shocking’ new cancer study
- Germ killer in hand soap may weaken muscles
- Gus Speth: ‘Ultimate insider’ goes radical
- The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater
- Remembering Russell Train
- Steph Davis: Vegan Rockstar
Society & Culture & Life & Activism & Stuff:
- Dole wants corporations to get away with murder. Literally.
- How to Help End Human Trafficking
- Inner City Adventist Family Shows Real Courage in the Face of Tragedy
- Is the bus “cool”? This ad sure is!
- Opinion: Kate’s breasts, Pussy Riot, virginity tests and our attitude on women’s bodies
- Who Taught You to Fear?
- Take a stand against mental illness discrimination with this great PSA
- Young Persons Called to Private Grand Jury for Owning Books
- Pussy Riot’s Lawyers: In Jail, Rape Is Only the Least of the Dangers
Off-center Religion and Politics and Government:
- The Long Journey of a Christian Pacifist
- Getting Beyond Presidential Politics
- Barry Bussey’s Critical Question
- TRUST: On Mission and Chavez
- Staying “On Message” for Jesus
- Pussy Riot and the Temple Incident
- Ignorance and Apathy: A Reflection on Social Justice in the Church
- Should I Help the Empire with My Hand?
- Caring for the Poor is Government’s Biblical Role
- Why does coffee never taste as good as it smells?
- Caffeine: The Silent Killer of Emotional Intelligence
- Top 10 tips to alkalize your body and detox naturally
- Poverty Tourism Taxonomy 2.0
- No Recession Here! – U.S. Arms Sales Set Global Record
- What Does it Mean to Be Poor? [related to next link]
- Should Anything Be Done To Integrate Schools?
- Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It’s Barack Obama?
- Journalist Evaluates Obama, Romney Economic Plans
- How big is our big deficit?
- COALITION OF SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE INVESTORS URGE HOUSE LEADERS TO ACT ON BUSINESS TRANSPARENCY ON HUMAN TRAFFICKING BILL
Selected Canadian Views on US Politics and Economy:
- Democrats Retreat on Civil Liberties in 2012 Platform
- Obama Trade Document Leaked, Revealing New Corporate Powers And Broken Campaign Promises
- Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will
- We Won—for Now
- John Cusack & Jonathan Turley on Obama’s Constitution
- Hope and Change 2 – The Party of Inclusion
- The Geography of Nope
- SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters
- Unpopular Mandate
- Everything you know about Paul Ryan’s budget is (probably) wrong
- Romney Vows Immediate Approval of Keystone XL on First Day in White House
- Women’s Issues Once Had GOP Support, Democratic Lawmakers Say
- Ron Sider on the Proposed Republican Budget
- Romney’s Death Squad Ties
- Tutu demands Hague trial for Bush‚ Blair
What’s an Independent to Do?
Random bits for the unemployed:
BONUS 1: Three Classic Articles on Christian Social Ethics
BONUS 2: I AM